RIDGID Software Solutions is a pure software organization, often referenced as a software startup inside Emerson. Our vision is to become the main software provider for companies inside Emerson. Besides the apps that we’ve built for RIDGID, we have lots of active projects for other business units in Emerson and companies outside already:
360° CRM - Managing sales calls, tracking demos, and keeping the latest product catalog in hand are all crucial to doing smart business. With RSS's 360CRM, the information the sales team needs is only a touch away.
360° Insight – Big Data platform that gathers customer interactions from various sources like Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, forums and uses machine learning algorithms for sentiment analysis, market segmentation and other key factors needed to improve business decisions.
IoT apps that monitor and analyze various sensors from data centers, oil platforms and supermarkets.
Develop applications within an agile development team responsible for multiple software product offerings. This role will be expected to work from designs and requirements defined by project managers, convert them into implementable development tasks and distribute them to the available resources. They are expected to develop / lead mostly on the iOS platform but they can have a leading role on the Android platform as well. Passion for creativity while learning best practices around new technologies will be the key characteristic of this role.
- Act as a lead developer on the iOS platform. Depending on the skills set, can lead on one platform and play a supporting role across the others.
- Converts master tasks into implementable development tasks.
- Participates to the internal workshops to plan and design the project.
- Understands use cases, process flows, and other functional and technical specifications to implement software solutions.
- Lead a team of developers in developing, maintaining, and testing mobile applications using task management tools.
- Good task management for self and other software developers. Able to task-supervise other developers to deliver software as a team.
- Responsible for overseeing the design, integration, deployment and other technical aspects of the development of, and modifications to, the application.
- Develop, code review, debug, inspect and test software modules to meet the criteria and deliverables identified within the assigned master task.
- Ensures that all defined development policies, procedures and standards are followed; and that development activities are delivered within agreed timescales, of high quality and are fit for purpose
- Understands the company current software projects and used technologies
- Understands the structural design of databases
- Reviews changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance and usability
- Evaluates software issues and takes corrective action
- Documents technical data related to assigned development consistent with development practices, polices, and procedures
- Prepare specifications, wireframes, diagrams and structure charts to coordinate and monitor activities of a group of developers.
- Evaluates emerging technologies and makes recommendations to the team
- Work with the other developers to debug or eliminate errors from the system.
- Design loosely-coupled, reusable, and testable code structures.
- Testing of own, ensure all specified functionality has been delivered and all performance constraints have been met.
- Determine project requirements have been met.
- Provide assistance to code merges, builds, deployments
- Provide feedback regarding the performance of your fellow team members.
- Continuously study to keep skills up to date.
- iOS (Swift / Objective-C) – minimum 3 years of working experience
- Xcode, Core Data, Networking (Alamofire or others), Core Location
- Experience with REST APIs
- Unit Testing / UI Automation techniques
- Thorough knowledge of multi-tier programming
- Experience with Agile software development
- Task management tools
- Source code management tools (Github)
- Diagramming tools: UI/UX wireframing, UML (activity diagrams, class diagrams)
- Skills which are preferred, but not a must:
- Core Bluetooth (experience with BLE devices)
- Test Driven Development