Automation Engineer, location: Oradea
23 Oct 2018, Oradea
Consultant: Sales Consulting
- Automation Opportunity Identification - Engage with site, regional, and global stakeholders to identify and scope opportunities to apply automation technologies in the value stream. Determine the critical to quality characteristics necessary for a successful deployment. Capture and communicate those characteristics in the form of requirements to the Plexus automation team, stakeholders, and/or customers.
- Automation Solution Development - Develop solution for automation opportunities using standard process,approved solution providers, Engineering Solutions, and/or the global automation team. Develop Proof of Concept (POC) prototypes for new programs and tooling for additional products to be added to an automated production process. Solutions may include the use of Robotics, PLCs, PCs, safety controllers, sensors, pneumatics, and other typical automation technologies.
- Automated Solution Support - Train the manufacturing site operators on the daily use and upkeep of the deployed automation solutions. Deploy and maintain Automation Solutions within a Manufacturing Solutions Site. Sustain the performance of the solution through statistical process control and continuous improvement best practices. Communicate performance metrics to site leadership as well as the Automation Team.
- Automated Product Development Support - Support engineering development of products intended to be manufactured with automation technology. This includes reviews of the product design for potential risks which may prohibit the use of automated technology in manufacturing the product. Develop Proof of Concept prototype processes for new products. Capture the accompanying risk to the critical to quality attributes and communicate those risks to the Automation Team, stakeholders & customers. Capture and report findings to Engineering Solutions, customer, and/or other stakeholders.
- Mentor and help develop engineers and members of the extended team. Contribute to their understanding of software engineering, with focus on its relevance to the individual’s core areas of responsibility. Help build an overall awareness of sound engineering principles, considerations and applications. Assist with professional development of the team to grow talent and develop successors/ new leaders for company
- Assemble tooling
- Wire electrical panels
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required
- 5 years of related experience is required; 8 years of related experience is preferred
- Know how to create a business case
- Complex problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills written & spoken in English
- Autocad, PLC programming, sw design using C, C++ C#, Python, robot programming, electrical design, schematic reading
- Ability to lead without formal authority
- Self-motivation, ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Public transport from Oradea to Industrial Area
- “mate review” program – individual performance bonus
- Professional Trainings (on site/ online)
- “suggestion & recognition” program - bonus for effectiveness ideas (cost reduction, exceed expectation, customer satisfaction)